Monday, October 15, 2012

Triple Crown Bouldering: Stone Fort

I missed the first competition in Boone, NC but was fortunate enough to make the trip out to Chattanooga for the Stone Fort competition.  I found the bouldering quite enjoyable, and although I was noting my score and sends, I did not turn in my sheet for official evaluation.  I was there to see good climbers go up the boulders and to have some fun and meet people.  I accomplished all of this.

Here are the routes I did.

18c Booger V0
18b Easy Does It V0-
22d Needless Things V0-
18L Incredarete V1
18h Shaggy V1
76b Nick of Time V1
54c Brian's Brain V1
54f Keel Hauled V3 <--- awww yeah!
51b Trailer Ball V1
12i The Little German Girl V1


I scared myself on Keel Hauled.  It tops out quite high, and my arms were spent.  I remember crying out to my spotter (Dylan Rigler) near the very top.  It would have been a tremendous fall.  Ironically, this moment made the whole trip worth it.


A guide can be found here.

http://shilohsedgeclimbingteam.blogspot.com/2009/04/little-rock-city-guide.html

There's also a book that was recently published.




No comments:

Post a Comment