Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cedar Rock with CCC

I had the good fortune to experience some epic slab climbing at Cedar Rock with some new friends.  Brad Woolf organized a group campsite (Kuykendall) near the crag and had various events in store for us.  I'm not sure how long this link will last, but here's a link to the First Pisgah Climbing Festival.

I met lots of wonderful folks, drank some beer and sent some of the toughest slab I've seen to date.  It was a very busy day, and we got started a little late, so I only got to do two routes, however, they were quite memorable.

  • Black Swan 5.10b
  • Northern Exposure 5.8+ (I'm not sure about the name of this one.)

(I'm not sure about the rating of these routes, as I can't find any information on them.)

I wish I had taken photos of these routes, because neither of these is on Mountain Project nor rockclimbing.com, and I could have added them.

Access to the Cedar Rock climbing is about a 45 minute hike that passes over the Art Loeb Trail.

Mike Reardon and Brad Woolf are working on a guide book that should be available soon.

Here's a photo of Ryan Bandy being a badass on the slab.  (Thanks to Erin Nuckols for taking tons of awesome pics!)

No comments:

Post a Comment