Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lloyd Ramsey Dies at Pilot Mountain

I just met Lloyd, and I just found out he died yesterday in an accident at Pilot Mountain.  He will be missed by many.  Lloyd was always so cheerful, friendly and ready to solicit advice.  He was a wealth of knowledge about climbing and about the routes at Pilot Mountain.  I only had the privilege of climbing with him twice, but I learned more from him in those two climbs than all my other trips put together.

Although we were new friends, I will miss him tremendously.  His legacy will live in my mind, and I will never forget the lessons he taught me.

Remembering the man on the mountain

Climber died doing what he loved

Climber loved sharing knowledge of Pilot Mountain

70-year-old Winston-Salem man dead after fall at Pilot Mountain

A Pilot Mountain Legend: Lloyd Ramsey


No comments:

Post a Comment