Sunday, July 15, 2012

Running at Robert Moses Beach

I decided to visit the beach and go for a run.  I went to Robert Moses which was suggested after a few Google searches.  I didn't realize it would be $10 just to get on the beach.  Oh well.  I was planning on running somewhere between 4 and 6 miles depending on how crowded it was and how I was feeling.  I felt some pain on my left foot, on the pad of my heel, but after a quick examination, I didn't see any cuts or blood, so I kept going.  Soon, I was feeling pain in other parts of the foot and eventually the right foot.  I tried to avoid the shells, and kept going.  After the run, I decided to check my feet out because they were still hurting a little.  Turns out that pain was the formation of many a blister.  Some of these were blood blisters.  Well, nothing a little alcohol and some cloth tape can't take care of.  Shit.  Now I have to climb like this tonight.  And crap, I probably won't be able to run for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment